Pittsburgh 10 is a 2D RPG that examines interpersonal interaction, mutual aid, and neoliberalism in a Western PA fever dream.
- 24 unique quests
- 37 "Others"
- 20+ vendors
- 40+ items
(Full Player Instructions available for download)
Opens/Closes the main menu
Save (Note: Save often! If your Anxiety/Ennui bar reaches 0, play will be discontinued, and you’ll need to reopen the application in order to start again from the beginning.)
- Green check – load saved game (there’s a known glitch where sometimes the game stats won’t appear even though you’ve saved. Try loading the game anyway as the file is still there.)
- Blue floppy disc – save game
- Red “X” – Deletes a save file
- Movement – These are the keys you use to move. They are set to WASD by default, but you can change them to any key that isn’t already assigned by clicking the button next to the corresponding direction and then pressing your key of choice.
- Actions – These are the keys that correspond to your action buttons at the bottom of the screen. They are assigned to 1, 2, and 3 by default. While you would typically put the interactions from your Repertoire in these slots, you can also put items there. When using interactions loaded in the bar, click on the target NPC, and then press the action button.
Close – Closes the menu
P – Opens/Closes your Repertoire. After opening it, click on the icon emoji next to the interaction text to move it to your Action Bar (the three boxes in the middle of the bottom of the screen). When loading interactions onto the bar, be sure to hover over and click the cursor (rather than the emoji itself) in the desired box.
O – Opens/Closes your Character Panel. Again, this doesn’t really do anything.
I – Opens/Closes your Inventory. You can also do this by right clicking on the blue bag icon on the inventory slots in the lower right corner.
Q – Opens/Closes your Quest Panel. You can store up to 10 quests at a time. If you need to abandon an active quest, click “Abandon”.”
Game Development - Avey Nelson
Concept Design - Avey Nelson and Laur Nelson
Music - Davey Nelson
Based on the RPG Tutorial by inScope Studios
- Original Art and Map Design - Avey Nelson
- Universal LPC Spritesheet Character Generator
- LPC - Tile Atlas
- Additional Art from Open Game Art
University of Pittsburgh Institutional Review Board
University of Pittsburgh English Department (Rhetoric and Composition)
University of Pittsburgh Digital Studies and Methods
My Friends and Enemies
This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Pittsburgh 10 WebGL Build76 days ago